Tuesday 30th August 2011 ~ Scroll down for photos ~
To the shops in town for some meat, we bought beef kebabs (Brochettes) & chicken quarters.
Cycled into St Vincent-sur-Jard for an ice-cream; this is a nice route and mostly on cycle-paths now and the joy on a hot day is that when we get there we have the shade of lovely pine trees to sit under and with a nice view.
We saw an interesting trailer arrive but an amazing couple; they were riding a tandem and towing a trailer which had been equipped for a wheelchair passenger. I’m not sure if this would be considered road-legal but without an engine I guess you can do what you like!
The passenger enjoyed his ride and they then got the wheel chair off the trailer and took him for a walk to the crêperie booth.
We rode back partly through the woods, for some shade, interestingly where we entered the forest there were no signs saying we shouldn’t but where we emerged there were. We got away with it anyway!
Back to cook our brochettes on the BBQ and my 4 large prawns, Gomas I think they were called but will check this next time I am in the Super U.
We finished the meal off with a Tarte Naturel, a sort of egg custard flan but I think set with cornflour, so a bit like a vanilla lemon meringue without the lemon or the meringue!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment