I have been writing a journal and filing the photos while we have been away from internet access so here is the journal for the day and to see the photos you should just scroll down to the end........
Thursday 8th September 2011
Another drizzly start to the day but this time it persisted; we had occasional dry spells but never quite enough to risk cycling. We drove to the town square for a little amble down the shopping area but all we bought we 4 croissants for tomorrow morning.
After returning home and several cups of tea later we set off in the car to go to Ragounite to see the waves and watch the sea; we also read a notice board that we usually cycle straight past. It talks about the effects of a storm called Xanthe in 2010 which breached the sand dunes and caused flooding of salt water around one part of the forest. The trees in this area couldn’t take the increased salt and died. The hole has been repaired and the area fenced off while they work at trying to recover the equilibrium and the saltiness of the ground. There is a huge pile of wood chippings nearby which we imagine they will use to redress the balance.
Then we drove the St Vincent-sur-Jard where we saw a lovely car which belongs to the Centre des Monuments Nationeaux like our English Heritage I imagine. Anyway, I really like the style of the decoration on the car so you too can see it.
We had a crêpe each from our friendly monsieur at his stand and a little chat; though I think we are feeling a little low today. Tomorrow afternoon we set off for St Malo.
Returning home we had a relaxing evening and a very nice côte de porc (pork chop), they seem to be very tender here, probably eastern European unhappy pigs!!
I have been knitting today and Percy has put together a video of a dive with Will & Dan a few weeks ago.
I gather there should be post for me here and as the postbox is locked I have texted the McCluskeys to ask if there is anyone here with a key. No reply yet, after 2 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment